Ground beef and peppers mixed with pizza sauce, topped with shredded mozzarella cheese and baked on an English muffin.
Yield: 96 servings
| || |
1. Split muffins. Arrange in single layer on sheet pan.
2. Toast in 500°F conventional oven for 3 to 4 minutes or a 500°F convection oven for 2 to 3 minutes.
3. Brown ground beef with onions and green peppers. Stir to crumble. Drain.
4. Add pizza sauce; simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Portion 1-3/4 ounces meat mixture onto each muffin half with a #24 scoop. Spread to edges.
6. Top each muffin half with 1/2 ounce (1 tablespoon) of cheese.
7. Return muffins to oven and bake 3 to 4 minutes in conventional oven or 2 to 3 minutes in convection oven, or until cheese melts and begins to brown.
8. Portion 2 muffin halves per serving.
NOTE: Can be made ahead and baked off as needed.
|English muffins, 2 ounces each||96|
|Ground Beef (IMPS/NAMP 136)||8 pounds|
|Onions, chopped||2 quarts|
|Green bell pepper, chopped||2 quarts|
|Canned pizza sauce||1 gallon|
|Mozzarella cheese, shredded||1 1/2 gallons|
Nutrition information per serving: 309 calories; 12 g fat(5 g saturated fat; 4 g monounsaturated fat); 41 mg cholesterol; 420 mg sodium; 30 g carbohydrate; 0.7 g fiber; 20 g protein; 5.3 mg niacin; 0.2 mg vitamin B6; 1.5 mg vitamin B12; 1.8 mg iron; 10.9 mg selenium; 2.7 mg zinc; 30.2 mg choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin and vitamin B12; and a good source of vitamin B6, iron, selenium and zinc