English Muffin Pizzas
Ground beef and peppers mixed with pizza sauce, topped with shredded mozzarella cheese and baked on an English muffin.
Yield: 100 servings
| || |
1. Split muffins; arrange halves in single layer on sheet pans. Toast in 500°F oven 2 to 4 minutes.
|English muffins, 2 ounces each||100|
| || |
2. Brown ground beef, onions and bell peppers until beef is no longer pink, breaking beef up into crumbles; pour off drippings.
3. Stir in pizza sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 5 minutes.
|Ground Beef (IMPS/NAMP 136)||9 pounds|
|Onions, chopped||1 1/2 quarts|
|Green bell pepper, chopped||1 1/2 quarts|
|Canned pizza sauce||1 no. 10 can|
| || |
4. Portion 1 ounce (#40 scoop) beef mixture onto each muffin half, spreading to edges. Top each with 1/2 ounce cheese.
5. Bake in preheated 500°F oven until cheese melts and begins to brown. Conventional oven: 3 to 4 minutes. Convection oven: 2 to 3 minutes. For each serving: Portion 2 pizzas.
NOTE: Pizzas can be prepared ahead and baked as needed.
|Mozzarella cheese, shredded||6 1/4 quarts|
Nutrition information per serving: 325 calories; 12 g fat(5 g saturated fat; 4 g monounsaturated fat); 44 mg cholesterol; 445 mg sodium; 32 g carbohydrate; 1.1 g fiber; 21 g protein; 5.4 mg niacin; 0.2 mg vitamin B6; 1.5 mg vitamin B12; 2.0 mg iron; 11.3 mg selenium; 2.9 mg zinc; 31.7 mg choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B12 and zinc; and a good source of vitamin B6, iron and selenium