Barbecue Sloppy Joe Pizza
Ground beef tossed with corn, tomato barbecue sauce and cheeses, baked on a thick pizza crust.
Yield: 100 servings
| || |
1. Brown ground beef with onions and oregano until beef is no longer pink, breaking beef up into crumbles; pour off drippings.
|Ground Beef (IMPS/NAMP 136)||12 pounds|
|Onions, chopped||5 cups|
|Dried oregano||5 tablespoons|
| || |
2. Stir in corn, tomato puree and barbecue sauce; bring to boil. Reduce heat; simmer 15 to 20 minutes or until mixture reaches 160°F, stirring occasionally.
|Frozen whole kernel corn, thawed||7 1/2 cups|
|Tomato puree||7 1/2 cups|
|Prepared barbecue sauce||7 1/2 cups|
| || |
3. Place two 16 x 12-inch sheets of dough on each of five 24-1/2 x 16-1/2-inch oiled full sheet pans; thaw according to package directions. Press dough to sides of pan, to form slightly raised edge. Let rise as desired.
|Frozen sheeted pizza dough||10 each|
|Vegetable oil|| as needed|
| || |
4. Combine cheeses. Sprinkle 8 ounces cheese on dough in one sheet pan. Spread 6 cups beef mixture over cheese; top beef with 8 ounces cheese. Repeat with remaining 4 pans.
5. Bake in preheated oven until cheese is melted and crust is browned. Conventional oven: 500°F; 13 to 15 minutes. Convection oven: 375°F; 7 to 10 minutes.
6. Cut each pan into twenty 5 x 4-inch pieces. For each serving: Plate one piece of pizza.
NOTE: Fifteen pounds prepared pizza crust dough may be substituted for frozen sheeted pizza dough. Portion 3 pounds dough onto each of 5 full sheet pans. Press out dough and let rise as above.
|Part-skim mozzarella cheese||3 3/4 pounds|
|Cheddar cheese, shredded||1 1/4 pounds|
Nutrition information per serving: 350 calories; 14 g fat (6 g saturated fat; 4.5 g monounsaturated fat); 51 mg cholesterol; 670 mg sodium; 33 g carbohydrate; 1.8 g fiber; 22 g protein; 5.9 mg niacin; 0.3 mg vitamin B6; 1.6 mcg vitamin B12; 3.3 mg iron; 13.0 mcg selenium; 3.5 mg zinc; 45.7 mg choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B12 and zinc; and a good source of vitamin B6, iron and selenium.