Beef Soft Tacos
Seasoned ground beef tucked in a flour tortilla with cheese, lettuce and diced tomatoes.
Yield: 100 servings
| || |
1. Place ground beef in steam kettle. Cook beef until no longer pink, using kettle whip to break beef up into 1/4 to 1/2-inch crumbles. Turn off heat.
2. Thoroughly drain fat from beef by pulling whip through beef in circular motion and then zig-zag-stir through all sections of beef.
|Ground Beef (IMPS/NAMP 136)||18 pounds|
| || |
3. Add enough water just to cover beef. Stir by pulling whip through beef in circular motion and then zig-zag-stir through all sections of beef. Thoroughly drain fat and liquid from beef, repeating zig-zag-stir procedure.
|Hot water||1 gallon|
| || |
4. Add tomato paste, water, chili powder, cumin, onions, oregano, sugar, garlic powder and salt; mix well. Bring to a boil.
Reduce heat; cover and simmer 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Add additional water if needed.
|Tomato paste||3 cups|
|Chili powder||1 cup|
|Ground cumin||1/2 cup|
|Dehydrated minced onion||1/2 cup|
|Dried oregano||1/3 cup|
|Garlic powder||2 tablespoons|
| || |
5. For each serving: Portion 1/3 cup (#12 scoop) beef mixture onto 1 tortilla. Top with 1/4 ounce cheese. Provide lettuce, tomato and salsa, if desired, on condiment bar.
|Flour tortillas, 7-inch||100|
|Part-skim mozzarella cheese||6 2/3 cups|
|Lettuce, shredded||25 ounces|
|Tomatoes, diced||25 ounces|
|Canned tomato salsa|| na|
Nutrition information per serving: 352 calories; 16 g fat(6 g saturated fat; 7 g monounsaturated fat); 59 mg cholesterol; 588 mg sodium; 28 g carbohydrate; 1.9 g fiber; 23 g protein; 8.3 mg niacin; 0.3 mg vitamin B6; 1.9 mg vitamin B12; 3.7 mg iron; 26.4 mg selenium; 4.5 mg zinc; 59.4 mg choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B12, iron, selenium and zinc; and a good source of vitamin B6 and choline