Teriyaki Beef Stir-Fry with Peanuts
Japanese soba noodles stir-fried with teriyaki-marinated flank steak strips, red bell peppers, snow peas, straw mushrooms and peanuts.
Yield: 24 servings
|Teriyaki Marinade/Sauce:|| |
1. Combine teriyaki sauce, water, sugar, sesame oil and ginger in large bowl; whisk until blended.
2. Reserve 3 quarts marinade; stir in cornstarch. Reserve for use in sauce.
|Teriyaki sauce||2 quarts|
|Oriental dark-roasted sesame oil||1/2 cup|
|Fresh ginger, grated||1/4 cup|
| || |
3. Cut steaks in half lengthwise, then cut across the grain into thin slices. Place beef strips in remaining marinade; marinate in refrigerator 4 to 6 hours.
4. Remove beef strips from marinade; discard used marinade.
|Beef Flank Steak (IMPS/NAMP 193)||6 pounds|
| || |
5. For each serving: In hot skillet, sauté 5 ounces cooked soba noodles in 1 tablespoon peanut oil until crisp.
6. Meanwhile, stir-fry 4 ounces beef strips in 1 teaspoon oil until lightly browned. Add 1 ounce each asparagus, bell peppers, snow peas, mushrooms and 3 tablespoons peanuts; stir-fry until brown and tender-crisp.
7. Add 1/2 cup reserved marinade; bring to boil. Cook until thickened, stirring occasionally.
8. Plate noodles; top with beef mixture. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon sesame seeds.
NOTE: For spicier sauce, add 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper to each 1/2 cup marinade.
|Soba noodles, cooked al dente||3 pounds|
|Peanut oil||2 cups|
|Asparagus, sliced diagonally into 1-inch pieces||1 1/2 pounds|
|Red bell pepper, julienned||1 1/2 pounds|
|Snow peas, julienned||1 1/2 pounds|
|Straw mushrooms, whole||1 1/2 pounds|
|Roasted unsalted peanuts||4 1/2 cups|
|Sesame seeds, toasted||1/2 cup|
Nutrition information per serving: 747 calories; 42 g fat(8 g saturated fat; 18 g monounsaturated fat); 66 mg cholesterol; 2854 mg sodium; 55 g carbohydrate; 4.8 g fiber; 41 g protein; 19.1 mg niacin; 0.9 mg vitamin B6; 1.4 mg vitamin B12; 5.3 mg iron; 31.5 mg selenium; 6.6 mg zinc; 142.9 mg choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of fiber, protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, iron, selenium, zinc and choline.