Beef Thai Fry with Thai Sweet Chili Sauce
Marinated flank steak stir-fried with vegetables, chow mein noodles and Thai Sweet Chili Sauce.
Yield: 24 servings
1. For Marinade: Combine soy sauce, peanut oil, brown sugar, garlic and red pepper flakes in hotel pan; mix thoroughly.
2. Cut steaks in half lengthwise, then cut across the grain into thin slices. Add beef to marinade; stir to coat thoroughly. Cover and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
|Soy sauce||1 quart|
|Peanut oil||1 cup|
|Brown sugar, packed||1/2 cup|
|Garlic, minced||2 tablespoons|
|Crushed red pepper flakes||1 tablespoon|
|Beef Flank Steaks (IMPS/NAMP 193), partially frozen||6 pounds|
| || |
3. Combine vegetables in large bowl; toss to mix thoroughly. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
|Bok choy, sliced||2 1/2 pounds|
|Fresh bean sprouts||1 3/4 pounds|
|Canned sliced bamboo shoots, drained||1 3/4 pounds|
|Canned baby corn, drained||1 3/4 pounds|
|Carrots, blanched and julienned||1 1/4 pounds|
| || |
4. Drain marinade from beef; discard marinade. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
5. For each serving: Stir-fry 4 ounces beef in nonstick skillet until just cooked, adding oil if necessary.
6. Add 6 ounces vegetables, 5 ounces (1 cup) cooked noodles and #16 scoop (1/4 cup) Thai Sweet Chili Sauce; stir-fry until heated through.
7. Plate beef mixture; sprinkle with 3/4 ounce (approximately 2 tablespoons) peanuts.
|Thai sweet chili sauce||1 1/2 quarts|
|Fresh chow mein noodles, cooked||6 quarts|
|Canned raw peanuts, blanched and fried||1 1/8 pounds|
|Prepared roasted peanuts||1 1/8 pounds|
|Thai Sweet Chili Sauce:|| |
THAI SWEET CHILI SAUCE:
1. Sauté red pepper, shallots, garlic and jalapeno peppers in hot oil in skillet until tender.
|Red bell peppers, diced 1/4-inch||6 ounces|
|Shallots, minced||2 ounces|
|Garlic, minced||1 1/2 ounces|
|Jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced||1 ounce|
|Peanut oil||3 tablespoons|
| || |
2. Add chicken stock, vinegar, lime juice, ketchup, soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger and cilantro; bring to boil. Boil 2 minutes.
|Chicken stock||1 quart|
|Rice wine vinegar||1/2 cup|
|Fresh lime juice||6 tablespoons|
|Soy sauce||3 tablespoons|
|Brown sugar||1/2 cup|
|Ginger, grated||1/2 ounce|
|Cilantro, minced||3 tablespoons|
| || |
3. Transfer to blender or food processor (half at a time, if necessary); process until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use. Yield: 1-1/2 quarts.
|Ground black pepper||1/2 teaspoon|
Nutrition information per serving: 981 calories; 36 g fat(7 g saturated fat; 16 g monounsaturated fat); 86 mg cholesterol; 2276 mg sodium; 116 g carbohydrate; 9.0 g fiber; 52 g protein; 20.2 mg niacin; 1.0 mg vitamin B6; 1.4 mg vitamin B12; 8.3 mg iron; 32.4 mg selenium; 7.9 mg zinc; 133.8 mg choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of fiber, protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, iron, selenium, zinc and choline.