Thinly-sliced flank steak stir-fried with asparagus and red peppers and served over fresh cabbage.
Yield: 24 servings
| || |
1. Toss steak with soy sauce, ginger and garlic; set aside.
|Beef Flank Steak (IMPS/NAMP 193)||6 pounds|
|Reduced-sodium soy sauce||2 cups|
|Ginger, grated||1/2 cup|
|Garlic, minced||1/2 cup|
| || |
2. For each serving: Heat 2 teaspoons peanut oil and 1 teaspoon sesame oil in wok or skillet. Add 4 ounces steak (thinly sliced across the grain); stir-fry over high heat until beef loses red color.
3. Add to beef 2 ounces asparagus and 1/2 ounce red pepper; stir-fry until vegetables are tender-crisp.
4. Dissolve 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch in 2 teaspoons water. Stir into beef mixture, tossing to thicken.
5. To serve, arrange 2 ounces cabbage and 1 ounce bok choy on serving plate. Top with beef mixture; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon sesame seeds.
|Peanut oil||1 cup|
|Sesame oil||1/2 cup|
|Asparagus, sliced diagonally into 1-inch pieces||3 pounds|
|Red bell pepper, thinly sliced||12 ounces|
|Napa cabbage, shredded||3 pounds|
|Bok choy leaves, steamed (optional)||1 1/2 pounds|
|Sesame seeds, toasted||1/4 cup|
|Alternate Fresh Beef Cuts:|| || |
|Round, Top (Inside) Round Steaks (IMPS/NAMP 1169)||6 pounds|
Nutrition information per serving: 327 calories; 21 g fat(5 g saturated fat; 8 g monounsaturated fat); 66 mg cholesterol; 826 mg sodium; 7 g carbohydrate; 1.2 g fiber; 26 g protein; 9.6 mg niacin; 0.6 mg vitamin B6; 1.4 mg vitamin B12; 1.7 mg iron; 27.6 mg selenium; 4.4 mg zinc; 92.4 mg choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, selenium and zinc; and a good source of choline
Nutrition information per serving: 326 calories; 19 g fat(4 g saturated fat; 8 g monounsaturated fat); 71 mg cholesterol; 813 mg sodium; 7 g carbohydrate; 1.2 g fiber; 30 g protein; 8.1 mg niacin; 0.4 mg vitamin B6; 1.5 mg vitamin B12; 2.5 mg iron; 31.4 mg selenium; 4.8 mg zinc; 105.1 mg choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, selenium, zinc and choline; and a good source of iron