Pizza Pot Pie
Ground beef, bell peppers and olives simmered with pizza sauce, baked under a pizza dough and topped with mozzarella cheese.
Yield: 24 servings
| || |
1. Brown beef in braising pan; drain fat.
2. Add onions and peppers. Cover and cook over low heat until vegetables are crisp-tender.
|Ground Beef (IMPS/NAMP 136)||6 pounds|
|Onions, cut into 1-1/2-inch chunks||4 1/2 cups|
|Green bell peppers, cut into 1/2-inch chunks||5 cups|
| || |
3. Stir pizza sauce, olives, oregano, garlic powder and red pepper flakes into beef mixture. Simmer 10 minutes.
4. Scale 6 pounds beef mixture into each of two 12 x 18 x 2-1/2-inch pans. Smooth tops.
|Prepared pizza sauce||1 1/2 quarts|
|Ripe olives, sliced||12 ounces|
|Fresh oregano, chopped||1 tablespoon|
|Garlic powder||2 teaspoons|
|Red pepper flakes||1 teaspoon|
| || |
5. Cover beef mixture in each pan with 1 pound, 8 ounces pizza dough; drizzle with 1 cup pizza sauce. Brush to spread evenly. Sprinkle with 8 ounces cheese.
6. Bake in 375°F oven about 30 minutes until top is browned and crust is cooked through. To serve: Cut 3 x 4.
|Prepared pizza dough||3 pounds|
|Prepared pizza sauce||1 pint|
|Mozzarella cheese, shredded||1 pound|
Nutrition information per serving: 521 calories; 23 g fat(8 g saturated fat; 9 g monounsaturated fat); 89 mg cholesterol; 721 mg sodium; 40 g carbohydrate; 4.8 g fiber; 36 g protein; 9.0 mg niacin; 0.5 mg vitamin B6; 2.9 mg vitamin B12; 5.8 mg iron; 21.9 mg selenium; 6.2 mg zinc; 81.7 mg choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of fiber, protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, iron, selenium and zinc; and a good source of choline