Beef Negi-Maki with Ginger Teriyaki Sauce
Thinly sliced top sirloin wrapped around green onions, skewered, grilled and served with a Ginger-Teriyaki dipping sauce.
Yield: 24 servings
|Ginger-Teriyaki Sauce:|| |
1. Combine soy sauce, broth, mirin, garlic and ginger in heavy saucepan; bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium; cook until reduced by half, stirring occasionally.
2. Add sugar and orange juice; continue to cook until sugar is dissolved, stirring constantly. Reserve.
|Teriyaki sauce||3 cups|
|Chicken broth||3/4 cup|
|Garlic, minced||2 tablespoons|
|Ginger, grated||1 tablespoon|
|Brown sugar||1 1/2 cups|
|Orange juice||3/4 cup|
| || |
3. Thinly slice partially frozen or very cold beef, using meat slicer. Trim each beef slice into 1-1/2 x 5-inch rectangles.
4. Wrap 1 onion piece in each beef slice. Place 3 beef rolls on each bamboo skewer. Repeat with remaining ingredients to make 72 Negi-Maki skewers.
5. For each serving: Grill 3 Negi-Maki skewers to desired doneness, turning once. Baste with Ginger Teriyaki Sauce just before removing from grill.
6. Plate Negi-Maki skewers; baste skewers again before serving. Serve additional Ginger Teriyaki Sauce in small ramekin on the side.
|Beef Loin, Strip Loin Steak, Boneless (IMPS/NAMP 1180), 1 inch thick||12 pounds|
|Green onion pieces, 1-1/2 inches long||72|
|Wooden skewers, 6-inch, soaked||72|
|Alternate Fresh Beef Cuts:|| || |
|Beef Loin, Top Sirloin Butt (IMPS/NAMP 184)||12 pounds|
Nutrition information per serving: 434 calories; 11 g fat(4 g saturated fat; 4 g monounsaturated fat); 135 mg cholesterol; 922 mg sodium; 27 g carbohydrate; 0.6 g fiber; 52 g protein; 19.9 mg niacin; 1.1 mg vitamin B6; 2.8 mg vitamin B12; 3.5 mg iron; 57.8 mg selenium; 9.2 mg zinc; 192.1 mg choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, iron, selenium, zinc and choline.