Chuckwagon Barbecue Meatloaf
Ground beef baked into meatloaf, brushed with barbecue sauce, sliced and served with mashed potatoes.
Yield: 100 servings
| || |
1. Combine onions, bread crumbs, barbecue sauce, milk, eggs, salt and pepper; mix to blend thoroughly.
|Onions, chopped||2 pounds|
|Bread crumbs, dry||2 quarts|
|Prepared barbecue sauce||1 quart|
| || |
2. Add ground beef. Mix thoroughly but gently to combine.
3. On 18- x 26-inch baking sheets form loaves 22 inches long and 4 inches wide (about 6 pounds, 5 ounces each). For 100 servings form 5 loaves; for 50 servings form 2-1/2 loaves.
|Ground Beef (IMPS/NAMP 136)||19 pounds|
| || |
4. Bake in 350°F oven for 30 minutes.
5. Brush loaves with sauce and continue to bake 20 to 30 minutes until juices run clear.
6. Let stand 15 minutes before slicing.
7. For each serving: Portion 4 ounces sliced meat loaf in sandwich or with mashed potatoes.
|Prepared barbecue sauce||1 1/2 cups|
Nutrition information per serving: 237 calories; 12 g fat(4 g saturated fat; 5 g monounsaturated fat); 88 mg cholesterol; 446 mg sodium; 12 g carbohydrate; 0.7 g fiber; 19 g protein; 5.4 mg niacin; 0.3 mg vitamin B6; 1.7 mg vitamin B12; 2.3 mg iron; 18.1 mg selenium; 4.3 mg zinc; 78.8 mg choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B12, selenium and zinc; and a good source of vitamin B6, iron and choline