Roasted Eye of Round Stuffed with Habanero-Cilantro Pesto
Beef roast stuffed with Habanero-Cilantro Pesto, seared and served on a Roasted Garlic Demi-Glace.
Yield: 24 servings
|Habanero-Cilantro Pesto:|| |
1. Place garlic in food processor; puree. Add cheese, cilantro, chile and 1/4 cup oil; process until smooth. With motor running, add enough additional oil to make thick paste. Place pesto in pastry bag fitted with/2-inch plain tip; set aside.
|Garlic cloves||1 ounce|
|Parmesan cheese, grated||8 ounces|
|Fresh cilantro leaves||6 ounces|
|Habanero chile, stemmed and seeded||1 - 2|
|Olive oil||1/4 - 1/2 cup|
| || |
2. Prepare each roast by inserting long slicing knife into end of roast until knife reaches other end; cut 3-inch wide slit that runs the length of roast. (Use 2 roasts, each weighing 4 pounds.)
3. Use pastry bag to force half of pesto into each roast, filling from both ends of roast.
4. Sear roasts on all sides in roasting pan over medium-high heat. Roast in 325°F oven 1 hour or until internal temperature registers 135°F. Set aside; keep hot.
|Round, Eye of Round (IMPS/NAMP 171C)||8 pounds|
|Roasted Garlic Demi-Glace:|| |
5. Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-low heat; add garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, about 20 to 30 minutes or until garlic is soft and golden brown. Stir in demi-glace; bring to boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 15 minutes.
Set aside; keep hot.
6. For each serving: Plate 3 tablespoons sauce; portion 3, 1/4-inch slices beef on sauce.
|Olive oil||1/3 cup|
|Garlic cloves||9 ounces|
|Prepared demi-glace||1 quart|
Nutrition information per serving: 459 calories; 26 g fat(11 g saturated fat; 7 g monounsaturated fat); 124 mg cholesterol; 1198 mg sodium; 14 g carbohydrate; 1.1 g fiber; 40 g protein; 10.8 mg niacin; 0.6 mg vitamin B6; 2.1 mg vitamin B12; 3.9 mg iron; 41.2 mg selenium; 6.3 mg zinc; 133.7 mg choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, iron, selenium, zinc and choline.