Onion-Beer Tri-Tip Roast
Beer-marinated tri-tip grilled to order and sliced thinly.
Yield: 24 servings
| || |
1. Sauté onions in butter in saucepan over medium heat until tender. Stir in salt and beer; simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat; cool thoroughly.
2. Cover and refrigerate 1/2 cup marinade. Place tri-tips in heavy duty plastic bags; add remaining marinade, turning beef to coat. Close bags securely; marinate in refrigerator 6 to 8 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
3. Remove tri-tips from marinade; discard marinade.
|Onions, chopped||1 quart|
|Beer||1 1/2 quarts|
|Loin, Bottom Sirloin Butt, Tri-Tip Steak, Defatted (IM) (IMPS/NAMP 1185D)||6 - 8 pounds|
| || |
4. Grill tri-tips 30 to 35 minutes or to desired doneness, turning and brushing frequently with reserved marinade. Remove from grill; tent with foil for 10 minutes.
5. For each serving: Plate 3 ounces thinly sliced beef; season lightly with salt and pepper.
|Salt|| as needed|
|Ground black pepper|| as needed|
193.08 cal calories; 72.57 IU vitamin A; 26.09 g protein; 0.85 mg vitamin C; 0.11 mg thiamin-B1; 0.24 mg riboflavin-B2; 3.79 mg niacin-B3; 17.52 mg calcium; 2.37 g carbohydrates; 2.92 mg iron; 216.99 mg phosphorus; 374.06 mg potassium; 8.05 g total fat; 3.57 g T.S.F.A.; 0.30 g T.P.F.A.; 3.16 g T.M.F.A.; 80.86 mg cholesterol; 489.40 mg sodium;