Rotisserie Tenderloin of Beef with Roquefort Mashed Potatoes and Port Wine Sauce
Sliced beef tenderloin roasted and served with whipped cheesy-garlic potatoes and a rich Port Wine Sauce.
Yield: 24 servings
| || |
1. Combine oil, garlic, black pepper and salt; rub over surface of beef. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
|Vegetable oil||1/2 cup|
|Garlic, minced||2 ounces|
|Cracked black pepper||1/4 cup|
|Coarse salt||1/4 cup|
|Loin, Tenderloin, Full, Side Muscle Off, Defatted (IMPS/NAMP 190)||12 - 14 pounds|
|Port Wine Sauce:|| |
2. Combine wine, onions, carrots, celery, shallots, garlic, parsley, thyme, rosemary, bay leaves and peppercorns in large saucepan. Bring to boil; cook until reduced by half and slightly syrupy.
3. Add broth; return to boil. Cook until reduced to approximately 1-1/2 quarts.
4. Strain liquid into another pan; discard solids. Bring to simmer. Combine cornstarch and water; stir into sauce. Cook until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Add up to 1/4 cup lemon juice to season. Keep hot.
|Port wine||1 1/4 quarts|
|Onions, coarsely chopped||1 1/2 quarts|
|Carrots, coarsely chopped||1 1/4 cups|
|Celery, coarsely chopped||1 1/4 cups|
|Shallots, sliced||1 cup|
|Garlic, minced||1 ounce|
|Parsley leaves||1/4 cup|
|Fresh thyme leaves||2 tablespoons|
|Fresh rosemary sprigs||3|
|Whole bay leaves||2|
|Whole black peppercorns||1 1/2 teaspoons|
|Veal or beef broth, or demi-glace||3 quarts|
|Lemon juice||1/4 cup|
|Roquefort Mashed Potatoes:|| |
5. Boil potatoes until tender; drain thoroughly. Whip potatoes until smooth. Meanwhile, sauté garlic in oil; do not brown. Stir garlic mixture and hot cream into potatoes; mix until well blended. Stir in cheese, salt and pepper; keep hot.
6. Meanwhile, cook beef to desired doneness. Rotisserie Method: Follow manufacturer's directions. Conventional Method: Roast in 425°F oven 30 to 45 minutes or until internal temperature registers 135°F.
Tent roasts with foil. (Internal temperature of roasts will continue to rise 5°F to 10°F.) Keep hot.
7. For each serving: Plate 6 to 7 ounces sliced beef; ladle #16 dipper (1/4 cup) Port Wine Sauce over beef. Serve with 3/4 cup Roquefort Mashed Potatoes.
NOTE: Nutritional analysis does not include Roquefort Mashed Potatoes.
|Russet potatoes, peeled and quartered||8 pounds|
|Garlic, minced||2 ounces|
|Olive oil||1 1/2 cups|
|Heavy cream, scalded||2 cups|
|Roquefort cheese||12 ounces|
|Ground white pepper||2 teaspoons|
Nutrition information per serving: 885 calories; 44 g fat(15 g saturated fat; 19 g monounsaturated fat); 178 mg cholesterol; 2100 mg sodium; 50 g carbohydrate; 5.2 g fiber; 59 g protein; 19.0 mg niacin; 1.8 mg vitamin B6; 2.9 mg vitamin B12; 5.7 mg iron; 61.4 mg selenium; 10.1 mg zinc; 222.5 mg choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of fiber, protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, iron, selenium, zinc and choline.