Italian Beef Strip Steak with Vinegar Peppers
Herb-rubbed strip steak sautéed with peppers and potatoes and served with a reduced vinegar sauce.
Yield: 24 servings
|Herb Seasoning:|| |
1. Combine garlic, oregano, pepper and salt. Mix until well blended; reserve.
|Garlic, minced||1 1/2 cups|
|Dried oregano||2 tablespoons|
|Ground black pepper||2 tablespoons|
| || |
2. Sauté bell peppers, stirring occasionally, in oil over medium heat 6 to 8 minutes or until lightly browned and tender; reserve.
|Red and yellow bell peppers, chopped||3 3/4 pounds|
|Olive oil||1/4 cup|
| || |
3. For each serving: Rub 1 teaspoon herb Seasoning into each side of 1 steak. In sauté pan, brown steak in 1 teaspoon hot oil over medium heat 5 minutes on each side.
Add 1/2 cup vinegar and 4 bell pepper strips to pan. Continue cooking steak to desired doneness, turning steak and bell peppers occasionally.
4. Sauté 2 to 3 potato wedges in 1 teaspoon oil in sauté pan until hot; add 2 teaspoons Herb Seasoning. Continue to sauté potatoes until lightly browned and coated with herbs.
5. Plate steak and bell peppers. If necessary, reduce vinegar sauce to desired thickness; pour over steak and peppers. Serve potatoes with steak.
|Loin, Strip Loin Steaks, Boneless (IMPS/NAMP 1180)||12|
|Olive oil||1 cup|
|White wine vinegar||3 quarts|
|Potatoes, peeled and cut into 4 wedges each, parboiled||7 1/2 pounds|
Nutrition information per serving: 1185 calories; 44 g fat(14 g saturated fat; 21 g monounsaturated fat); 403 mg cholesterol; 899 mg sodium; 36 g carbohydrate; 4.0 g fiber; 153 g protein; 62.5 mg niacin; 3.9 mg vitamin B6; 8.4 mg vitamin B12; 10.5 mg iron; 173.8 mg selenium; 28.1 mg zinc; 591.3 mg choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, iron, selenium, zinc and choline; and a good source of fiber