Grilled Tri-Tip with Wild Mushroom Salsa
Juicy slices of beef tri-tip roast, topped with a tasty three-mushroom salsa. Served with roasted red potatoes and sautéed fresh vegetables.
Yield: 24 servings
|Wild Mushroom Salsa:|| |
1. Soak porcini mushrooms in hot water 2 minutes; drain water. Chop mushrooms; set aside.
2. Heat oil in large skillet. Add shallots, garlic and jalapenos; sauté briefly. Add all mushrooms and bell peppers; sauté until tender.
3. Stir in vermouth, lime juice, cilantro, salt and pepper; cool. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
|Dried porcini mushrooms||1 cup|
|Hot water|| as needed|
|Olive oil||1 1/2 cups|
|Shallots, minced||3/4 cup|
|Garlic, minced||1/2 cup|
|Jalapeno peppers, minced||3 tablespoons|
|Shiitake mushrooms, sliced||1 1/2 quarts|
|Button mushrooms, sliced||3 cups|
|Red bell peppers, diced 1/4-inch||3 cups|
|Dry vermouth||3/4 cup|
|Fresh lime juice||3/4 cup|
|Cilantro, minced||6 tablespoons|
|Ground black pepper||1/2 teaspoon|
| || |
4. Combine peppercorns, cumin and salt.
5. Brush both sides of tri-tips with oil; rub with seasoning mixture. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
6. Grill tri-tips 30 to 35 minutes or until internal temperature registers 135°F, turning frequently. Remove tri-tips; tent with foil. (Internal temperature of tri-tips will continue to rise 5°F to 10°F.)
7. Meanwhile, reheat Wild Mushroom Salsa.
8. For each serving: Plate 6 ounces sliced beef; serve with #16 scoop (1/4 cup) Wild Mushroom Salsa.
|Peppercorn blend (black, green, pink, white and Jamaican peppercorns), crushed||1/2 cup|
|Cumin seed, crushed||2 tablespoons|
|Coarse salt||1 tablespoon|
|Loin, Bottom Sirloin Butt, Tri-Tip Steak, Defatted (IM) (IMPS/NAMP 1185D)||12 pounds|
|Olive oil||1/2 cup|
Nutrition information per serving: 528 calories; 33 g fat(8 g saturated fat; 20 g monounsaturated fat); 133 mg cholesterol; 440 mg sodium; 9 g carbohydrate; 2.2 g fiber; 49 g protein; 19.8 mg niacin; 1.2 mg vitamin B6; 2.5 mg vitamin B12; 5.0 mg iron; 56.8 mg selenium; 8.8 mg zinc; 177.7 mg choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, iron, selenium, zinc and choline.