Western Lite Broil
Soy-marinated steaks broiled, sliced thin and served with a mixed green salad.
Yield: 25 servings
1. Combine soy sauce, water, lemon juice, honey, onions and garlic powder.
|Soy sauce||1 1/4 cups|
|Water||5 fluid ounces|
|Lemon juice||5 fluid ounces|
|Honey||1 2/3 tablespoons|
|Dried minced onion||1 2/3 tablespoons|
|Garlic powder||1 1/4 teaspoons|
| || |
2. Add steaks to marinade; turn to coat thoroughly. Marinate steaks for 24 to 48 hours.
3. Broil beef to medium-rare (do not overcook).
4. Slice meat across the grain into thin slices. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds, if desired.
5. Serve 4 ounces of cooked beef with 2 cups of tossed salad and a muffin for a diet plate with less than 400 calories.
|Round, Top (Inside) Round Steaks (IMPS/NAMP 1169)||7 1/2 pounds|
Nutrition information per serving: 196 calories; 6 g fat(2 g saturated fat; 2 g monounsaturated fat); 86 mg cholesterol; 404 mg sodium; 1 g carbohydrate; 0.1 g fiber; 33 g protein; 9.6 mg niacin; 0.5 mg vitamin B6; 1.8 mg vitamin B12; 2.9 mg iron; 37.2 mg selenium; 5.7 mg zinc; 125.1 mg choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, selenium, zinc and choline; and a good source of iron