Chili Rubbed Steaks with Roasted Pepper and Tomato Relish
Seasoned steaks grilled to order and served with Roasted Pepper and Tomato Relish.
Yield: 24 servings
| || |
1. Combine chili powder, lime juice, pepper and oregano.
2. Spread seasoning mixture evenly over both sides of steaks.
3. Cover and refrigerate up to 4 hours.
|Chili powder||1/3 cup|
|Lime juice||1/4 cup|
|Black pepper, freshly ground||2 tablespoons|
|Dried oregano leaves, crushed||1 1/2 teaspoons|
|Rib, Ribeye Roll Steak, Boneless(IMPS/NAMP 1112)||24|
|Roasted Pepper and Tomato Relish:|| |
4. Combine red bell peppers, green tomatoes, tomatoes, onion, oil, cilantro, vinegar and salt. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
5. Grill seasoned steaks 8 minutes or to desired doneness, turning once.
6. For each serving: Plate 1 steak. Serve with #16 scoop (1/4 cup) relish.
|Roasted red peppers, rinsed, drained and chopped||3 cups|
|Green tomatoes, chopped||2 cups|
|Tomatoes, chopped||2 cups|
|Red onion, diced||1 cup|
|Olive oil||1/3 cup|
|Cilantro, minced||1/4 cup|
|Red wine vinegar||3 tablespoons|
|Alternate Fresh Beef Cuts:|| || |
|Beef Loin, Top Sirloin Butt Steak, Center-Cut, Boneless (IMPS/NAMP 1184A)||6 pounds|
Nutrition information per serving: 217 calories; 10 g fat(3 g saturated fat; 5 g monounsaturated fat); 79 mg cholesterol; 259 mg sodium; 5 g carbohydrate; 1.6 g fiber; 26 g protein; 10.3 mg niacin; 0.6 mg vitamin B6; 1.4 mg vitamin B12; 2.1 mg iron; 30.3 mg selenium; 4.7 mg zinc; 2.9 mg choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, selenium and zinc; and a good source of iron