Cajun Blackened Strip Steak
Sliced strip loin steaks rubbed with cayenne seasoning and pan-seared.
Yield: 24 servings
1. Blend salt, paprika, cayenne pepper, onion, garlic powder, thyme, coriander, marjoram, fennel seed and cumin in electric blender; turning motor on and off as needed to mix thoroughly.
|Salt||6 1/2 tablespoons|
|Cayenne pepper||1/4 cup|
|Dried minced onion||3 tablespoons|
|Garlic powder||3 tablespoons|
|Dried thyme||1 tablespoon|
|Ground coriander||1 tablespoon|
|Dried marjoram||1 tablespoon|
|Fennel seed||1 tablespoon|
|Ground cumin||1 1/2 teaspoons|
| || |
2. For each serving; Heat a cast iron skillet over very high heat until it is beyond the smoking stage and bottom of skillet begins to turn white.
3. Generously coat all sides of each 8 ounce steak with seasoning mix. Place steak in hot skillet and top with 1 teaspoon melted butter.
4. Cook until underside looks charred - approximately 3 to 4 minutes. Turn steak and continue to cook another 3 to 4 minutes to char; steak will be medium-rare. Continue cooking to desired doneness.
5. Cut into 1/2-inch slices. Serve with okra.
|Beef Loin, Strip Loin Steaks, Boneless (IMPS/NAMP 1180A) ||24 |
|Butter, melted||1/2 cup|
Nutrition information per serving: 363 calories; 15 g fat(7 g saturated fat; 5 g monounsaturated fat); 145 mg cholesterol; 1997 mg sodium; 3 g carbohydrate; 1.7 g fiber; 51 g protein; 19.8 mg niacin; 1.1 mg vitamin B6; 2.8 mg vitamin B12; 4.0 mg iron; 57.5 mg selenium; 9.2 mg zinc; 191.3 mg choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, iron, selenium, zinc and choline.