Roasted beef sliced and served with a beautiful curried beet-orange vinaigrette.
Yield: 24 servings
| || |
1. Combine oil, curry powder and water; cover and let stand 24 hours. Strain through extra-fine sieve; reserve oil.
|Safflower oil||3/4 cup|
|Curry powder||1/4 cup|
| || |
2. Bring water and beets to boil in saucepan; reduce heat, cover and simmer about 20 minutes until beets are tender. Strain, reserving 1-1/2 cups cooking liquid. Puree beets and reserved liquid in food processor or blender. Reserve.
|Beets, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks||12 ounces|
| || |
3. In food processor or blender, puree ingredients except beef. Place beef in large shallow baking pan; pat with orange-herb mixture to cover. Roast in 425°F oven 45 to 60 minutes until internal temperature registers 135°F. Set aside; keep hot.
|Orange peel||3 ounces|
|Parsley, chopped||1 cup|
|Prepared horseradish||3 tablespoons|
|Beef Loin, Full Tenderloin, Side Muscle Off, Skinned (IMPS/NAMP 190A)||6 pounds|
|Olive oil||2 teaspoons|
| || |
4. To make vinaigrette: Stir orange juice concentrate, vinegar, salt, pepper, reserved oil, and beet puree in large bowl; do not emulsify. (Vinaigrette should be blended yet oil and puree should remain separate.) Reserve.
5. Slice beef 1/4-inch thick. For each serving: Plate 3 ounces beef; spoon about 2 tablespoons vinaigrette in droplets around beef.
|Orange juice concentrate||1/4 cup|
|Sherry wine vinegar||1/4 cup|
Nutrition information per serving: 248 calories; 14 g fat(3 g saturated fat; 4 g monounsaturated fat); 69 mg cholesterol; 361 mg sodium; 5 g carbohydrate; 1.2 g fiber; 25 g protein; 7.2 mg niacin; 0.6 mg vitamin B6; 1.4 mg vitamin B12; 2.2 mg iron; 28.5 mg selenium; 4.6 mg zinc; 95.0 mg choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, selenium and zinc; and a good source of iron and choline