New York Strip Steak with Crispy Vegetables
Thinly sliced grilled steak served with sliced vegetables and a mustard vinaigrette.
Yield: 24 servings
| || |
1. Prepare vinaigrette: Combine mustard, lemon juice, vinegar, and shallots; whisk in oil. Set aside.
|Dijon-style mustard||1 1/2 cups|
|Fresh lemon juice||9 fluid ounces|
|Sherry wine vinegar||3/4 cup|
|Shallots, minced||6 ounces|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 1/2 cups|
| || |
2. Grill steaks over hot coals about 4 minutes each side. Season with salt and pepper; let rest 10 minutes.
3. Slice thinly on diagonal.
|New York Strip Steaks (IMPS/NAMP 1180B), 8 ounces each||12|
|Salt|| as needed|
|Black pepper, freshly ground|| as needed|
| || |
4. For each serving: Portion 1 ounce each potatoes, beets, carrots and parsnips. Dust 1-1/2 ounces onion rings with flour. Deep-fry vegetables until crisp; drain.
5. To assemble: Portion 1-1/2 tablespoons vinaigrette onto dinner plate. Mound hot vegetables on top; arrange 3 ounces steak slices around vegetables. Season with additional salt and pepper. Garnish with parsley.
|Potatoes, thinly sliced||1 1/2 pounds|
|Beets, thinly sliced||1 1/2 pounds|
|Carrots, thinly sliced||1 1/2 pounds|
|Parsnips, thinly sliced||1 1/2 pounds|
|Yellow onions, thinly sliced, separated into rings||2 1/4 pounds|
|All-purpose flour|| as needed|
|Peanut oil|| as needed|
Nutrition information per serving: 543 calories; 36 g fat(7 g saturated fat; 20 g monounsaturated fat); 69 mg cholesterol; 462 mg sodium; 27 g carbohydrate; 4.7 g fiber; 28 g protein; 11.4 mg niacin; 0.8 mg vitamin B6; 1.4 mg vitamin B12; 2.7 mg iron; 30.9 mg selenium; 5.2 mg zinc; 106.9 mg choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, selenium, zinc and choline; and a good source of fiber and iron