Tumbleweed Beef Tenderloin Caesar Salad
Seasoned tenderloin cubes skewered, grilled and served tossed with lettuce, Parmesan cheese, baked Parmesan croutons and Caesar dressing.
Yield: 24 servings
1. Combine anchovies and garlic in bowl; whisk in vinegar, mustard and egg yolks.
2. Slowly pour in oil, whisking constantly, until emulsified. Whisk in onion and pepper. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use. Yield: about 1-1/2 quarts.
|Anchovy fillets, mashed||13|
|Garlic, minced||1 tablespoon|
|White wine vinegar||1 1/4 cups|
|Dijon-style mustard||1/3 cup|
|Pasteurized egg yolks||4|
|Olive oil||4 1/2 cups|
|Onions, minced||1/3 cup|
|Ground black pepper||1 1/2 teaspoons|
| || |
3. Combine Parmesan cheese, basil and oregano; mix thoroughly. Place bread cubes in large bowl. Drizzle with oil; toss. Sprinkle with cheese mixture; toss to coat evenly.
4. Arrange in single layer on baking sheets. Bake in 350°F oven 15 minutes or until crisp. Cool. Store in airtight container until ready to use.
|Parmesan cheese, grated||1/2 cup|
|Dried basil||1/2 cup|
|Dried oregano||1/2 cup|
|French bread, cubed 3/4 inch||2 pounds|
|Olive oil||1 cup|
| || |
5. Combine garlic, onion salt, pepper, and sage; mix thoroughly. Reserve.
6. Thread 4 ounces beef cubes onto each of 24 skewers. Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon reserved seasoning mixture over each skewer. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
|Granulated garlic||1 tablespoon|
|Onion salt||1 tablespoon|
|Ground black pepper||1 tablespoon|
|Dried sage, crushed||1 tablespoon|
|Beef Loin, Full Tenderloin, Side Muscle On, cubed 1 inch (IMPS/NAMP 189A)||6 pounds|
| || |
7. For each serving: Toss 5 ounces (5 cups) lettuce, 1 ounce (1 cup) croutons and 1/4 ounce (1 tablespoon) cheese with 1-1/2 ounces (3 tablespoons) dressing; plate.
8. Grill 1 skewer beef to desired doneness, turning once. Remove beef from skewer; arrange on lettuce mixture. Serve immediately.
|Romaine lettuce, coarsely chopped||7 1/2 pounds|
|Parmesan cheese, shredded||6 ounces|
Nutrition information per serving: 717 calories; 52 g fat(10 g saturated fat; 34 g monounsaturated fat); 108 mg cholesterol; 649 mg sodium; 29 g carbohydrate; 4.8 g fiber; 35 g protein; 11.7 mg niacin; 0.7 mg vitamin B6; 1.6 mg vitamin B12; 5.9 mg iron; 44.1 mg selenium; 5.6 mg zinc; 139.5 mg choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of fiber, protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, iron, selenium, zinc and choline.