Tuscan Tenderloin and Bread Salad
Two 4-ounce steaks grilled and served on a bed of bell peppers, tomatoes and toasted French bread slices.
Yield: 24 servings
1. Whisk oil, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper in bowl; reserve.
|Olive oil||1 quart|
|Red wine vinegar||2 cups|
|Garlic, minced||2 ounces|
|Ground black pepper||2 teaspoons|
| || |
2. Toast bread in 350°F oven until crisp and golden brown. While still warm, brush both sides of bread with oil; rub with cut cloves of garlic. Cool and cut into 3/4-inch cubes; reserve.
|Jalapeno or sourdough bread, cut into 3/4-inch slices||6 pounds|
|Olive oil||1 1/3 cups|
|Garlic cloves, cut in half||12|
| || |
3. Toss all ingredients with bread cubes in large bowl; let stand at room temperature 30 minutes.
4. Add vinaigrette; toss again. Let stand at room temperature no longer than 2 hours.
|Tomatoes, diced||4 1/2 pounds|
|Vidalia or other sweet onions, diced 1/4 inch||1 1/2 pounds|
|Red bell pepper, julienned 1/4-inch||1 1/8 pounds|
|Yellow bell pepper, julienned 1/4-inch||1 1/8 pounds|
|Fresh basil leaf, minced||6 ounces|
| || |
5. For each serving: Grill 2 steaks to desired doneness, turning once. Plate generous 11 ounces bread salad mixture; top with 2 steaks. Top each steak with 1/2 ounce cheese.
|Beef Loin, Tenderloin Steaks, Side Muscle On, Defatted (IMPS/NAMP 1189A)||48|
|Boursin cheese||1 1/2 pounds|
Nutrition information per serving: 1223 calories; 72 g fat(17 g saturated fat; 41 g monounsaturated fat); 163 mg cholesterol; 1079 mg sodium; 76 g carbohydrate; 5.3 g fiber; 66 g protein; 22.9 mg niacin; 1.4 mg vitamin B6; 2.7 mg vitamin B12; 8.3 mg iron; 87.6 mg selenium; 10.4 mg zinc; 213.2 mg choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of fiber, protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, iron, selenium, zinc and choline.