Cheese Steak Salad
Mixed greens tossed with creamy Cheese Steak Dressing, topped with sliced top sirloin and bell peppers and served with shoestring potatoes.
Yield: 24 servings
|Cheese Steak Dressing:|| |
1. Combine cheese, mustard and garlic in blender or food processor; process to blend. Add oils, vinegar, buttermilk, and cheese; process to form an emulsion. Season with salt and pepper; cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
|Boursin cheese||10 ounces|
|Dijon-style mustard||1/4 cup|
|Olive oil||2 cups|
|Vegetable oil||2 cups|
|Red wine vinegar||3/4 cup|
|Mascarpone cheese||4 ounces|
|Coarse salt||1 teaspoon|
|Cracked black pepper||1 teaspoon|
| || |
2. Heat enough oil to coat bottom of large braising pan over medium-high heat; add ingredients. Sauté, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Reserve.
|Olive oil||1/4 cup|
|Red bell pepper, thinly sliced||3 pounds|
|Yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced||3 pounds|
|Red onion, thinly sliced||1 1/2 pounds|
| || |
3. Deep-fry 1-1/2 ounces potatoes in preheated 350°F oil until crispy. Reserve; keep hot.
|Peanut oil|| as needed|
|Russet potatoes, cut into 1/8-inch shoestrings||2 1/4 pounds|
| || |
4. For each serving: Heat small amount olive oil in large fry pan over medium-high heat. Add 5 ounces beef; cook, stirring, 2 minutes. Add 4-1/2 ounces pepper/onion mixture; cook, stirring, 1 minute or until beef is cooked and vegetables are hot.
Season with salt and pepper; reserve and keep hot.
|Olive oil||1/3 cup|
|Beef Loin, Top Sirloin Butt Steaks, Boneless, 1/2 inch thick (IMPS/NAMP 1184A)||7 1/2 pounds|
|Ground black pepper||2 teaspoons|
| || |
5. To assemble salad: Toss 4 ounces salad greens with generous 1/4 cup dressing; plate. Toss hot beef/vegetable mixture with 2 ounces provolone cheese in bowl. Place beef mixture on salad greens; garnish with fried potatoes.
|Mixed salad greens||4 pounds|
|Provolone, shredded||3 pounds|
Nutrition information per serving: 951 calories; 73 g fat(23 g saturated fat; 26 g monounsaturated fat); 143 mg cholesterol; 1104 mg sodium; 22 g carbohydrate; 3.5 g fiber; 52 g protein; 17.9 mg niacin; 1.2 mg vitamin B6; 2.7 mg vitamin B12; 3.8 mg iron; 47.0 mg selenium; 8.3 mg zinc; 143.1 mg choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, iron, selenium, zinc and choline; and a good source of fiber