Cheese Steak Sandwich with Barbecue Mayo
Grilled slices of strip steak layered on a toasted roll topped with zesty barbecue mayo, sautéed bell peppers and two cheeses. Served with Parmesan Saloon Fries.
Yield: 24 servings
|Barbecue Mayo:|| |
1.Combine mayonnaise, barbecue spice, lemon juice, garlic, paprika, jalapeno, cayenne; mix thoroughly. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
|Barbecue spice||3 tablespoons|
|Lemon juice||2 tablespoons|
|Garlic, minced||3/4 ounce|
|Jalapeno peppers, minced||2 teaspoons|
|Cayenne pepper||3/4 teaspoon|
| || |
2. Heat oil in large sauté pan over medium-high heat; add onions and bell peppers. Sauté, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Reserve; keep hot.
|Olive oil||1/4 cup|
|Onions, thinly sliced||1 1/2 pounds|
|Red bell pepper, julienned 1/4-inch||12 ounces|
|Green bell pepper, julienned 1/4-inch||12 ounces|
|Yellow bell pepper, julienned 1/4-inch||12 ounces|
| || |
3. For each sandwich: Grill 1 steak to desired doneness, turning once; thinly slice across grain.
|Beef Loin, Strip Steaks, Special, Boneless, cut 1-inch thick (IMPS/NAMP 1180B)||24|
| || |
4. Spread cut sides of 1 roll with 1 tablespoon mayo each; lightly toast under salamander.
5. Layer roll bottom with sliced steak, 2 ounces reserved onion/pepper mixture and 1 ounce each Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheeses. Return to salamander to melt cheeses.
6. Plate sandwich; cover with roll top. Accompany with 6 ounces hot Saloon Fries.
|Submarine sandwich rolls, 6 inch, split||24|
|Sharp Cheddar cheese slices||1 1/2 pounds|
|Monterey Jack cheese, shredded||1 1/2 pounds|
|Saloon Fries:|| |
Saloon Fries: Cut potatoes lengthwise into quarters; place skin-side down on baking sheets. Brush with olive oil. Combine Parmesan, parsley and garlic powder. Sprinkle mixture over potatoes.
Season with salt and black pepper. Bake in 500°F oven 15 minutes or until crisp and golden brown. Keep hot. Makes 9 pounds.
|Baked small potatoes, cooled||9 pounds|
|Olive oil||1/2 cup|
|Parmesan cheese, grated||4 ounces|
|Fresh parsley, minced||1 1/2 ounces|
|Garlic powder||1 teaspoon|
Nutrition information per serving: 1201 calories; 48 g fat (16 g saturated fat; 18 g monounsaturated fat); 239 mg cholesterol; 979 mg sodium; 97 g carbohydrate; 12 g fiber; 96 g protein; 40.7 mg niacin; 2.3 mg vitamin B6; 4.6 mcg vitamin B12; 8.8 mg iron; 139 mcg selenium; 17.5 mg zinc; 347 mg choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of fiber, protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, iron, selenium, zinc and choline.