Ginger Island Burger
Ground beef patty seasoned with ginger and soy sauce, served on a toasted kaiser roll Asian-style salsa.
Yield: 24 servings
| || |
1. Combine beef, cilantro, sesame oil, soy sauce, and ginger in large bowl; mix thoroughly.
2. Form into 24 (6-1/2 ounce) patties approximately 1/2 inch thick. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
|Ground Beef (IMPS/NAMP 136)||9 3/4 pounds|
|Oriental dark-roasted sesame oil||6 tablespoons|
|Soy sauce||3 tablespoons|
|Ginger, minced||3 tablespoons|
|Asian Style Salsa:|| |
3. Combine tomatoes, cilantro, rice vinegar, fish sauce, Serrano chilies, ginger, garlic and sugar in nonreactive container; mix thoroughly. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
|Canned crushed tomatoes with puree||3 pounds|
|Cilantro, chopped||1 cup|
|Rice vinegar||1 cup|
|Fish sauce||1/2 cup|
|Serrano chilies with seeds, chopped||1 - 1 1/2 ounces|
|Ginger, minced||1/4 cup|
|Garlic, minced||2 tablespoons|
| || |
4. For each serving: Season 1 beef patty with salt and pepper. Grill to desired doneness, turning once. Meanwhile, grill cut sides of 1 roll until lightly toasted.
5. Place beef patty in roll; plate. Accompany with 1/4 cup Asian-Style Salsa in small ramekin.
|Cracked black pepper||2 teaspoons|
|Kaiser rolls with sesame seeds, split||24|
Nutrition information per serving: 601 calories; 31 g fat(10 g saturated fat; 13 g monounsaturated fat); 126 mg cholesterol; 1377 mg sodium; 35 g carbohydrate; 1.5 g fiber; 43 g protein; 13.6 mg niacin; 0.6 mg vitamin B6; 3.8 mg vitamin B12; 6.1 mg iron; 52.7 mg selenium; 9.2 mg zinc; 122.0 mg choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, iron, selenium, zinc and choline.