Barbecue Beef Ribs
Marinated beef ribs, rubbed with barbecue seasoning, grilled and served with barbecue sauce.
Yield: 24 servings
| || |
1. Bring vinegar to a boil in large stock pot. Add sugars, salt and mustard; mix to dissolve sugars. Reserve.
2. Combine remaining ingredients except ribs in 12-gallon noncorrosive container. Add vinegar mixture; cool. Stir mixture; add ribs. Cover and refrigerate up to 24 hours.
|Cider vinegar||2 quarts|
|Dark brown sugar||1 3/4 pounds|
|Sugar||1 3/4 pounds|
|Dry mustard||2 ounces|
|Onions, chopped||2 pounds|
|Orange juice||2 gallons|
|Worcestershire sauce||2 quarts|
|Vegetable oil||1 quart|
|Triple sec||2 cups|
|Beef Rib, Back Ribs (IMPS/NAMP 124)||24 pounds|
|Barbecue Rub:|| |
3. For Barbecue Rub: Combine all ingredients in bowl; mix thoroughly. Cover in airtight container until ready to use.
|Chili powder||1 cup|
|Dehydrated minced onion||1/4 cup|
|Cayenne pepper||2 tablespoons|
| || |
4. Remove ribs from marinade; discard marinade. Press Barbecue Rub onto both sides of ribs.
5. Smoker Method: Prepare smoker and preheat to 225°F according to manufacturer's directions. Place ribs in smoker; smoke 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until tender.
Conventional Method: Place ribs on racks in shallow roasting pans; add 1/2 inch water to each pan. Cover with foil; roast in 325°F oven 1-1/2 hours or until tender.
6. Cut ribs into 1-rib portions. Cover ribs; keep warm or refrigerate until ready to use.
7. For each serving: Grill 2 rib portions 3 minutes, turning occasionally.
Brush 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce on each rib; continue to grill 3 to 4 minutes or until heated through and glazed. Plate; serve immediately.
|Prepared barbecue sauce||1 1/2 quarts|
Nutrition information per serving: 1026 calories; 56 g fat(18 g saturated fat; 16 g monounsaturated fat); 109 mg cholesterol; 2802 mg sodium; 95 g carbohydrate; 2.1 g fiber; 32 g protein; 11.0 mg niacin; 0.4 mg vitamin B6; 3.3 mg vitamin B12; 7.7 mg iron; 29.8 mg selenium; 7.2 mg zinc; 124.9 mg choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, iron, selenium, zinc and choline.